HITACHI DSP OIL-FREE COMPRESSOR WINS PRODUCT OF THE YEAR AWARD
TARRYTOWN, NY, May 15, 2008 -- Hitachi America, Ltd., Air Technology Group today announced that their DSP Oil-Free Rotary Screw Compressor has been awarded the prestigious Product of the Year award from Plant Engineering Magazine. The Product of The Year awards were presented at the Plant Engineering Management Summit in Chicago, March 31, 2008.
“We are very excited to receive this recognition,” said Nitin G. Shanbhag, Senior Manager of Hitachi’s Air Technology Group. “The DSP Oil-Free compressors are a Customer Oriented design for varying needs, those traditionally needing High Air Quality & Long-Term Reliability as well as those becoming more Green with respect to conservation of the world’s natural resources. These attributes and more are the reason for Hitachi’s continuing efforts in newer technologies for the discriminating air user.”
Hitachi’s 40 years of Oil-Free rotary screw development and nearly 100 years of compressed air experience lay the foundation for this advanced product series.
Features of the DSP Oil-Free product portfolio include but are not limited to:
• Patented HX-18 PTFE-Free rotor coatings to ensure the highest quality air is provided to the end user.
• Exclusive usage of stainless steel rotors on both the 1st and 2nd stage.
• Patented Hi-Precooler to provide efficient cooling and thermal protection.
• Patented Oil Mist Remover (OMR) to prevent oil mists from venting to atmosphere.
• Patented rotor clearance design to provide greater efficiency and higher airend reliability.
• Patented “PQ Wide Mode” speed adjustment design to provide greater air output at lower pressure settings.
• Exclusive Motorized Isolation Valve (MIV) to isolate the compression module from demand side moisture migration
• Industry leading low sound levels and vibration isolation.
• Incorporation of Hitachi motors, inverter drives and airends to convey highest efficiencies throughout the operating range.
Hitachi’s DSP Oil-Free screw air compressors are part of the Air Technology Group, which is based in Charlotte, NC. The Charlotte facility is the center for all Air Technology Group business operations, training, and warehousing for Distribution Partners and OEMs.
Hitachi America, Ltd., Industrial Systems Division supplies a broad range of Industrial Infrastructure products and services. The division supplies markets sophisticated electrical and electronic industrial equipment and components for application in pharmaceutical plants, food & beverage processing, steel making, mass transit systems, chemical plants, and other manufacturing facilities.
Hitachi America, Ltd., a subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., markets and manufactures a broad range of electronics, computer systems and products, and provides industrial equipment and services throughout North America. For more information, visit www.hitachi.us.
Hitachi, Ltd., (NYSE: HIT / TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading global electronics company with approximately 390,000 employees worldwide. Fiscal 2007 (ended March 31, 2008) consolidated revenues totaled 11,226 billion yen ($112.2 billion). The company offers a wide range of systems, products and services in market sectors including information systems, electronic devices, power and industrial systems, consumer products, materials, logistics and financial services. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at http://www.hitachi.com.
Hitachi America, Ltd.
(914) 524 – 6615