Hitachi Home Electronics Will Sell No Wine Before its Time
SAN DIEGO, CA
Sep 15, 1999 15:18 PM
Exclusive Technology Makes This Fully-Integrated HDTV the Best Offering in the Digital TV Category
The Home Electronics Division of Hitachi America, Ltd., a subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. (NYSE: HIT) is christening retail showfloors with the 61-inch High Definition TV (61HDX98B). Hitachi’s fully-integrated HDTV is the pinnacle of the company’s three-tiered UltraVision Digital lineup, which will include High Definition TV Ready and Digital TV Ready models.
“Like all great wines, the Hitachi High Definition TV is aged to perfection,” noted Gary Bennett, executive vice president of sales for Hitachi America, Ltd., Home Electronics Division. “With Hitachi’s exclusive technology in lenses, PRTs and convergence, along with convenience features like Magic Focus, our 61-inch HDTV allows us to really show off the latest improvements in broadcast signal quality and to provide an unforgettable viewing experience for home theater enthusiasts.”
Key Visual Features
• Hitachi’s 61-inch HDTV offers viewers an extended wide-screen format, 16 by 9 ratio.
• The company’s advanced projection optics uses a six-element lens system, designed with high-quality optical materials and a wider electron gun, and creates more clear, sharper images.
• Magic Focus, an exclusive Hitachi feature, offers automatic corner-to-corner image convergence at the press of a button.
• Picture quality and resolution are maximized for all available sources: local digital channels (ATSC), standard and high definition satellite programs and current analog formats (NTSC). High definition broadcasts are displayed at the highest level available, 1080i, while all other formats including standard definition digital broadcasts and analog TV and video sources, are automatically upconverted and displayed in enhanced 540p.
• Pedestal-like architecture and fine-furniture quality materials presents a flawless fit and finish to the Hitachi HDTV cabinetry.
Key Audio Features
• The built-in Dolby Digital AC-3 Decoder reads digital audio accurately -- providing true sound separation with six discrete channels including a subwoofer -- and allows viewers to hear movies the way directors intended.
• Hitachi’s 61-inch HDTV offers a variety of surround sound configurations including Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro Logic.
• A 60-watt Bass Reflex speaker system with built-in center channel speakers have also been added to create a movie-theater quality sound-system.
Key Broadcast/Programming Features
Receives signals from all four broadcasting sources: ATSC (local digital), NTSC (standard analog), standard DIRECTV and high definition DIRECTV.
• Hitachi's 61-inch HDTV features a built-in DIRECTV PLUS" receiver that accepts both standard DIRECTV® and 1080i high-definition DIRECTV signals, delivering premium satellite programming ranging from Hollywood-hit movies to sporting events.
• Built-in 8 VSB digital decoder allows the set to receive all 18 ATSC digital broadcasting formats transmitted by more than 70 stations across the country.
• Standard analog TV broadcast signals are upconverted and displayed at 540p to maintain a premium viewing experience at every level.
Hitachi will offer the 61-inch HDTV at the suggested retail price of $7,999 and will be available through select retail outlets in late September 1999. For more information, please visit the Hitachi website at http://www.hitachi.us/.
The Hitachi America, Ltd., Home Electronics Division, markets a variety of consumer electronics including high-definition TVs (HDTV), projection TVs (PTV), color TVs, DVD players, VCRs and camcorders, as well as security and observation system products. Premium Hitachi products are sold under the Hitachi UltraVision and UltraVision Digital brand names.
Hitachi America, Ltd., a subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., markets and manufactures a broad range of electronics, computer systems and products, consumer electronics and semiconductors, and provides industrial equipment and services throughout North America. For more information, visit http://www.hitachi.us/.
Hitachi, Ltd., headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is one of the world's leading global electronics companies, with fiscal 1998 (ended March 31, 1999) consolidated sales of 7,977 billion yen ($65.9 billion*). The company manufactures and markets a wide range of products, including computers, semiconductors, consumer products and power and industrial equipment. For more information on Hitachi, Ltd., please visit Hitachi’s Web site at www.hitachi.co.jp.
*At an exchange rate of 121 yen to the dollar.
Gerard F. Corbett
Hitachi America, Ltd.
Corp. Communications Group
Fax: (650) 244-7920
The Weber Group for Hitachi
Tel: (415) 616-6143
Tel: (415) 616-6143
For all other inquiries please call:
If you have any questions specifically about Investor Relations in the United States, please contact our Investor Relations Department at email@example.com